Wednesday 11 February 2009

Java and USB

I recently decided that I wanted to play around with USB devices on the Mac and decided that I'd see what support Java has in this respect. After a quick google, I came across the Community Page for JSR80, the Java USB API. A reference implementation (for Linux) and examples are available for download on the Project Page.

After having a quick search through the javax-usb-devel mailing list it appeared that some partial implementations had been attempted for the Mac, but there didn't appear to be any references to full implementations. Being completely unqualified to write an implementation myself, I thought it would be a great learning experience to give it a shot anyway! My next few posts will aim to cover the steps that I take in order to try and achieve this along with information about the technologies that I use.

No comments:

Post a Comment